(ReclaimingAmerica.net) – In a fiery speech delivered in front of Philadelphia’s Independence Hall bathed in dark red lights with two Marines standing behind him, President Joe Biden went on a tirade against the MAGA movement and former President Donald Trump.
As Breitbart News recounts what happened in “Joe Biden Calls on Americans to ‘Stop’ MAGA Republicans“:
“President Joe Biden called on Americans to “stop” MAGA Republicans, whom he consistently cast as a dark force against democracy in his “Soul of the Nation” prime-time speech on Thursday.
“While much of the president’s dark and brooding speech focused on demonizing MAGA Republicans, one particular moment took the demonization a step further when the president appeared to suggest that Americans take up the mantle of isolating Trump supporters.” [emphasis added]
According to Biden during his speech:
- “Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our Republic.”
- “There’s no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven and intimidated by Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans. And that is a threat to this country.”
- “MAGA Republicans do not respect the constitution. They do not believe in the rule of law, they do not believe in the rule of law, they do not recognize the will of the people.”
- “MAGA forces are determined to take this country backward. Backwards to an America where there is no right to choose. No right to privacy. No right to contraception. No right to marry who you love. They promote authoritarian leaders and they fan the flames of political violence.”
- “We are not powerless in the face of these threats. We are not bystanders in this ongoing attack on democracy. There are far more Americans, far more Americans, from every background and belief, who reject the extreme MAGA ideology than those that accept it.”
- “And folks, it’s within our power, within our hands, yours and mine, to stop the assault on democracy. I believe America is at an inflection point. One of those moments that determines the shape of everything that is to come after. And now, America must choose, to move forward or move backward. To build a future or obsess about the past. To be a nation of hope and unity and optimism, or a nation of fear, division, and darkness.”
What is your reaction to Biden’s attack on Trump and MAGA? Did you watch the speech last night? Why or why not? Please share your thoughts and views by emailing [email protected]a.net. Thank you.