(ReclaimingAmerica.net) – The police in Stockton, California, have busted a man suspected of committing six murders and one shooting over the past year-and-a-half.
43-year-old Wesley Brownlee was arrested when he was armed and on a suspected “mission to kill,” Stockton Police Department Chief Stanley McFadden announced at a press conference, as cited by Fox News.
The captured suspect is a resident of Stockton, a city of more than 300,000 in California’s Central Valley.
He was caught at 2 am on Saturday while driving around town armed after the police monitored his behavior.
“Our surveillance team followed this person while he was driving. He was on a mission to kill. He was out hunting. We are sure we stopped another killing,” police chief McFadden said, as cited by Fox News.
Brownlee was arrested over seven shooting incidents in Stockton since April 2021, six of them fatal.
These include the murder of an unarmed 40-year-old Hispanic man on April 10, 2021, and the shooting of an unarmed 46-year-old black woman who survived.
Besides those, over the past three months, there were five homicides in the city which attributed to the busted suspect, namely, the murders of Salvador Debudey Jr., 43; Paul Yaw, 35; Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez, 21; Juan Cruz, 52; and Lawrence Lopez Sr., 54.
The investigators connected the shootings through ballistic evidence. The most recent of the homicides occurred on September 27.
The Stockton PD Chief revealed that the suspected shooter first moved by car before going on foot to approach his victims and open fire.
“His pattern and preying were at some point to get on foot,” McFadden said.
He revealed that the armed Brownlee was wearing a mask around his neck and dark clothes at the time of his arrest.
McFadden also disclosed that the police task force investigating the string of shooting homicides received phone tips from residents who helped it locate the suspect’s residence. The officers then tracked his movements.
“We maintained eyes on his residence until he became mobile. We identified that he’s posing a threat,” the police chief stated.
Three of the victims were homeless people. Most of them were Hispanic and Latino, but the authorities haven’t found any evidence the suspected murderer used race to pick them out.
“We have no witness that has said this person has said anything like that or even spoke, for that matter,” McFadden said at an October 4 news conference.
On Saturday, he didn’t mention any information regarding the suspected serial killer’s motives.
Joseph Silva, Stockton police officer, had previously said the victims didn’t seem to know one another.
MANHUNT OVER: Police arrest armed serial killer suspect before he was able to complete another deadly 'mission' https://t.co/TWnITQ5Rlc
— Fox News (@FoxNews) October 15, 2022