(ReclaimingAmerica.net) – Donald Trump disproved mainstream media reports that his lawyers’ latest meeting with the US Justice Department featured a notice of a January 6 related indictment against him.
Trump’s comments in a Truth Social post came after Thursday’s meeting, with the 45th president of the United States urging his supporters not to trust the mainstream media, which have embraced the leftist Democrat agenda.
“My attorneys had a productive meeting with the DOJ this morning, explaining in detail that I did nothing wrong, was advised by many lawyers, and that an Indictment of me would only further destroy our Country,” Trump wrote.
“No indication of notice was given during the meeting — Do not trust the Fake News on anything!” he added.
His post emerged after pro-left network NBC News claimed the US Justice Department had told Trump’s attorneys to brace for a new indictment over his alleged attempt to overturn the results from the 2020 election, including the January 6, 2021, events at the US Capitol.
Other reports said that the new indictment wouldn’t occur on Thursday.
“JUST IN: A deputy clerk at US Dist Court in DC says no indictments were returned today and none are expected for remainder of the day,” a Politico reporter tweeted.
Besides an indictment by Manhattan’s woke DA Alvin Bragg for “bribing” a porn actress, Trump already faces a federal indictment on 37 charges by Special Counsel Jack Smith over his alleged mishandling of classified government documents.
Last month, Trump pleaded not guilty to the charges in a court in Florida.
Smith also handles the second DOJ probe into Trump over the aftermath of the 2020 election, leading to expectations that an indictment would also follow.
While the former president didn’t face a new indictment as per the second federal investigation, the US Justice Department slapped him with a superseding indictment later on Thursday by adding three more charges to the Florida case.
It accused Trump of trying to delete footage from his Mar-a-Lago estate with help from his hotel manager, Carlos de Oliveira, and another co-defendant, Walt Nauta, The Hill reports.
Trump reacted by telling Fox News the new charges were ridiculous and amounted to “election interference at the highest level.
“This is prosecutorial misconduct used at a level never seen before. If I weren’t leading Biden by a lot in numerous polls and wasn’t going to be the Republican nominee, it wouldn’t be happening… Hopefully, the Republican Party will do something about it,” he said.
Trump announced very loudly on Truth Social both previous indictments in advance.
So he has credibility when he says his lawyers were **given no notice** that a new Trump indictment is imminent at this meeting this morning with the prosecutors from the Smith Special Counsel. pic.twitter.com/WgmTzzoTMe
— Brian Cates – Political Columnist & Pundit (@drawandstrike) July 27, 2023